Monday, January 24, 2011

AWM Milan 2011/12

Speaking of Milan. It is that time of year when the best looking men of Italy (and a couple of imports) collect on one stage to show us the up and coming trends in menswear for the European Autumn/Winter 2011/2012.

Thanks to GQ I have filtered through the many, many...should I say MENy beautiful images and have found my fav couple of looks from each show. As GQ gave to me, I will give to you.

WARNING: These pages may carry you off into dreamland of tall, dark handsome men with 'you will never see me again' eyes. Don't be sad ladies. Our men can be just as sexy. Take the ideas that you like from Milan...and put them on YOUR man!


Ermenegildo Zegna
http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/
My favourite was his suits. Zegna shows how a young professional business suit should fit. The grey, two button, large check suit is slimlined to fit his figure and falls just at his seat. medium size lapel, slight cuff showing. What I really love about this is his accessorizing. Take a lead from Zegna and get your man to to team a grey suit with a light grey shirt and break up the colour with dark brown accents. Think: belt, shoes, tie, pocket square....to top it off, I'd even grab a camel scarf in suede. Play with textures.




Costume National Homme
I'm sorry for what's about to come.....but I was bored. I'm over looking at broody, skinny, sunken and sullen models. Didn't somebody once say that we feed off the energy of the people around us? Well then can someone please tell the models to wake up and smell the roses because I was falling asleep. Not only that, but the dead man walking theme was carried through into the colour of the collection. Everything was black. Having said that, when i focused a little more there were some beautiful round collar, two toned knits hiding underneath. Love the camel colour knit.


http://www.abhfya.com/















To be continued as soon as I get a little more time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment